Tips To Maximize Your barre Workouts
As a busy busy society, we all want to make sure we are making our workouts count. Barre is a unique form of exercise that requires participants to not only learn new exercises but a new way of thinking about your form and how you move throughout class. Keep these tips in mind next time you hit the barre to maximize your workout and your time!
1) Focus on form first. Form is important in every exercise modality, but it is especially important in barre when some of the moves are not intuitive. Really focus in on what your body is doing (mindbody connection) and listen to the form cues your instructor is giving.
2) Don't be afraid to modify. Just because you are modifying, doesn't always mean you are taking the easier option. Do what challenges your body, not your neighbors.
3) Bigger is not always better in barre. Keep your range of motion small unless your instructor tells you other wise (for example in a cardio segment).
4) The instructor is there to help you. Pull them aside before or after class if you have any questions! I promise, we love it!
5) Be consistent! Like any workout, consistency is key. Stick with it and you'll see results!
6) Don't skip the flexibility segment! It's just as important as the rest of the class to help your muscles stretch and recover so your body can really benefit from the work you just put in!
7) Have fun! PulsePointe barre workouts are hard, sure, but they should also be a ton of fun!